- Autoskipping an empty list of feeds on the way forward
- Autoskipping an then-empty feed list on the way back (uservoice)
- Always using SSL when communicating with Google Reader, not only for login (uservoice)
- "Remember password option" when logging on
- Automatically re-logging in when session expires
- Handling CAPTCHAs when requested by Google during login
- Enabled Save/Restore feed specific settings.
This is actually a feature from the previous release which I accidentally disabled before. On every sync the feed specific settings are stored to the SD card and a freshly installed NewsRob reads them from there during the initial sync.
- Vibrates when trying to navigate before or after the begin/end of the article list in the article detail view. This can be turned off.
- Handling "small fonts" issue with hdpi devices (Droid/Milestone, Nexus One). If you "fixed" this issue with zooming in, you now need to zoom out again. Sorry.
- New config option for text size in the embedded browser
- More verbose sync progress reports in the status bar
- Manual Clear Cache/Refresh will also trigger an update of the feed names (renamed subscriptions)
- Submitting referrer to host when downloading images.
Need feedback if this works properly (uservoice)
- When following redirects the base url is updated accordingly (no more broken stylesheets that are referenced relatively)
- Downsized ads on small screens (Tattoo)
- High resolution launcher icon for Droid/Milestone, Nexus One
Friday, February 12, 2010
What's new or changed in NewsRob 3.6?
And lots more bug fixes and small improvements. During the upgrade all already downloaded articles are marked as not downloaded so that they are downloaded again. This is necessary because some formatting has changed. You don't need to take any action.
NewsRob Pro only:
Please Clear Cache / Refresh once. Otherwise when using "Share With Note" NewsRob will not be able to correctly set the url of the to be shared article's feed.
If you want to vote up an already suggested feature or submit your own suggestion please visit http://newsrob.uservoice.com.